Knife attack in China Wal-Mart leaves 2 people dead


Image from People's Daily via Twitter

A violent attack carried out by a knife-wielding man inside a Wal-Mart supermarket in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen has left two people dead and nine others injured.

A report on state news agency Xinhua said the attack took place last Sunday evening, July 16; citing information from the local police.

The suspect has been identified as a 30-year-old man surnamed Jiang, from Chongqing, who had been arrested and detained for questioning. His motives remain unclear to the police.

The attacker reportedly started a fire on the 3rd floor of a building before he started stabbing random customers at the second floor.

Witnesses reportedly said they saw several other men with knives fleeing the scene afterwards; prompting the authorities to search for possible accomplices.

The identities of those killed have not been released to the public.

Meanwhile, the injured are currently being treated at Bao’an Shenzhen Central Hospital and the Shenzhen Hengsheng Hospital while charges are now being prepared against the suspect.

This article has been viewed 113 times. Article originally posted: July 17, 2017, 6:26 pm (UTC-0). Last update: July 17, 2017 at 6:26 pm (UTC-0).

Facebook Comments