- Palawan is voted as the Best Island in the World for second year in a row
- Boracay Island is third on the list
- A reader of Travel + Leisure travel magazine called Palawan as the single most beautiful place on earth
The Palawan Island has been voted as the best island in the world for the second year in a row.
As mentioned in a GMA story dated July 12, 2017, readers of travel magazine “Travel + Leisure” picked Palawan as the best island in the world. One reader said it is “the single most beautiful place on earth.”
Another voter said “Palawan is every beach lover’s dream destination” and a “wonderful and magical place.”
“For the second year in a row, the Philippine paradise Palawan wins first place as the best island in the world, thanks to its hidden lagoons, teeming ocean life, and rustic-luxe resorts,” Travel + Leisure said on its official website on Tuesday, July 12.
Boracay Island is number 3 in the travel magazine’s top 10 beautiful islands in the world.
Here’s the complete list of “The World’s Top 10 Islands:”
- Palawan, Philippines (score: 93.15)
- Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (90.83)
- Boracay Island, Philippines (89.67)
- Galapagos Island, Ecuadro (89.20)
- Santorini, Greece (89.19)
- Maui, Hawaii (89.17)
- Kauai, Hawaii (88.72)
- Ischia, Italy (88.53)
- Hvar and the Dalmatian Islands, Croatia (87.75)
- Bali, Indonesia (87.61)