Based on the 2017 ranking by financial magazine Forbes Asia, the business tycoon Henry Sy remained as the richest person in the Philippines with $18 billion (P917.982B) in net worth.
For the 10th straight year, SM group founder Henry Sy has topped the list of wealthiest people in this part of the world.
Ranked number two with a net worth of $5.5 billion is JG Summit group founder John Gokongwei Jr..
The top 10 richest in Philippines are:
1) Henry Sy; US$18 billion
2) John Gokongwei Jr.; $5.5 billion
3) Enrique Razon Jr.; $4.3 billion
4) Lucio Tan; $4.2 billion
5) Jaime Zobel de Ayala; $3.7 billion
6) David Consunji; $3.68 billion
7) George Ty; $3.6 billion
8) Tony Tan Caktiong; $3.4 billion
9) Andrew Tan; $2.5 billion
10) Ramon Ang; $2.3 billion
Click here to view the top 50: Forbes.com