Videoke machine electrocution causes death of young man in Nueva Vizcaya


Image by tes [For illustrative purposes only]

He was the first to sing. As soon as he grabbed the microphone, he got into trouble.

No, this is not one of those “My Way” song-related incidents. This time, it is the rented videoke machine itself that caused the death of a man when he was electrocuted at a birthday gathering in Aritao town, Nueva Vizcaya on Friday afternoon, as per an Inquirer story.

According to police investigator SPO2 Jovencio Dalpig, 23-year-old Warlito Corpuz received a sharp jolt as soon as he held the videoke microphone to sing. It happend during the birthday celebration of his aunt in Barangay Poblacion.

SPO2 Dalpig said: “He would have been the first to sing, but as soon as he began, he suffered an electric shock.”

The Police are checking if Mr. Ochoco, the videoke rental operator, could be liable for negligence. But the investigator said it could also be that the victim stepped on a pool of water. He said that a washing machine near the party was splashing water.

Aritao is a second class municipality in the province of Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines.  The name Aritao came from the Isinai phrase Ari Tau “which stands for “Our King“. Aritao is politically subdivided into 22 barangays, including Barangay Poblacion where the incident of videoke machine electrocution happened.

 

This article has been viewed 652 times. Article originally posted: August 12, 2017, 5:46 pm (UTC-0). Last update: August 12, 2017 at 10:33 pm (UTC-0).

Facebook Comments