DOJ orders probe into the slay of seaman’s wife, daughter in Cavite


Image capture from ABS-CBN News video via You Tube

MANILA, Philippines  –  The Department of Justice (DOJ) has ordered the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to conduct its own probe in the killing of a mother and daughter in General Trias, Cavite last week.

Justice Secretary Vitalianp Aguirre on Thursday, December 14, signed a department order directing the NBI to look into the murder of 34-year-old mother Ruby Gamos and her 7-year-old daughter Shaniah Nicole.

“The National Bureau of Investigation, through Director Dante A. Gierran, is hereby directed and granted authority to conduct investigation and case build-up over the death of Ruby Gamos and her 7-year-old daughter Shaniah Nicole Gamos…and if evidence so warrants, to file appropriate charges thereon,” said Aguirre’s memo.

The General Trias police has not made any arrest or identify any suspect/s although it said on Wednesday they are eyeing at least 3 ‘persons of interest’ in the case but declined to give more details.

The victims, whose bodies were found side by side on top their bed on Monday, bore no visible signs of injuries to their body . The investigators believed the victims knew the suspect/s as there are no apparent indications of forced entry in the property.

Robbery is being eyed as the primary motive since some items were found missing from the house including the television sets, laptop, jewelry and cellphones. The couple’s borrowed car, a Toyota Wigo, was later found abandoned near a cemetery in the nearby town of Imus.

The father, Marlon Gamos, a seaman working in Abu Dhabi, has since arrived to oversee the remains of his loved ones. He has appealed to anyone with information on the murder of his family to report the information to the authorities for the immediate arrest of the criminals.

This article has been viewed 1446 times. Article originally posted: December 14, 2017, 7:43 pm (UTC-0). Last update: December 14, 2017 at 7:43 pm (UTC-0).

Facebook Comments