MANILA, Philippines – The husband-father of the murder victims in General Trias, Cavite has declined the help of crime watchdog Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) who has extended assistance in solving the case.
In a press conference arranged by VACC, Marlon Gamos, a seaman in Abu Dhabi, said he trust only the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to look into the killing of his 34-year-old wife and 7-year-old daughter whose dead bodies were found inside their home last December 11.
“I tell them everything… only the NBI. The VACC, no. I’m sorry. My attorney, no,” the emotional Gamos said.
The overseas Filipino worker told VACC he cannot accept their offer to assist in the investigation because the group “came late”.
“Before you came, I already told the NBI so no need to tell you. If I tell you, the case will be disrupted],” he explained.
Last week, Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre signed a department order directing the NBI to probe into the murder of Ruby Gamos and her daughter Shaniah Nicole.
“The National Bureau of Investigation, through Director Dante A. Gierran, is hereby directed and granted authority to conduct investigation and case build-up over the death of Ruby Gamos and her 7-year-old daughter Shaniah Nicole Gamos…and if evidence so warrants, to file appropriate charges thereon,” said Aguirre’s memo.