Man accidentally sets apartment on fire after trying to kill spider with lighter


Image capture of video via News Nine's YouTube account

Firefighters immediately responded to an apartment fire after an apparent ‘arachnoid accident’.

A man set his apartment on fire after trying to set ablaze to a huge wolf spider with a torch-like lighter.

The fire reportedly started last Sunday, January 7, spreading across a block of apartments in the city of Redding of northern California, as reported by US media.

According to Lyndsey Wisegarver, a caregiver for the residents, the man tried to kill the spider after spotting it in his bedroom.

The burning spider did not instantly die, but ultimately crawled into one of the mattresses; setting it on fire. The flame apparently spread to the drapes onto the flag collection on the wall, said the Redding Record Searchlight.

Residents were forced to evacuate and escape the building. First-responders eventually arrived at the scene. No one was injured.

The fire did, however, cost the owners $11,000 in damage.

This article has been viewed 38 times. Article originally posted: January 14, 2018, 12:22 pm (UTC-0). Last update: January 14, 2018 at 12:30 pm (UTC-0).

Facebook Comments