- At least 10 drugs suspects were killed in a 24-hour operation in Bulacan
- One of the fatalities was a village councilman in Malolos
- The Bulacan PNP said the suspects fired their weapons first
MANILA, Philippines – At least 10 drug suspects were reportedly killed in a 24-hour operations by the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Bulacan province which began Tuesday night until Wednesday night this week.
According to Inquirer, the suspects were killed in the almost 50 police operations in different towns of Bulacan. At least 63 people were also arrested during the same period.
Bulacan police director Senior Supt. Romeo Caramat Jr. said 3 suspects were killed in Malolos and 1 each in Guiguinto, Pulilan, San Rafael, Hagonoy, Bocaue, Balagtas and San Jose Del Monte City.
One of the three fatalities in Malolos include a barangay official identified as Henry Biñas, a councilor while the suspect killed in Balagtas remains unidentified.
Caramat said all the killed suspects fired their weapons first; prompting the officers to shoot back.
The suspect from SJDM, Juanito Calagos, allegedly attacked the policemen serving an arrest warrant for frustrated homicide against him. He was reportedly killed when police defended themselves.
Also seized in the operations are 272 sachets of suspected shabu, 8 sachets of marijuana leaves and 12 firearms of different calibers with ammunitions.
The most number of drug suspects killed in a single, overnight operation in Bulacan was 21, when the PNP conducted 24 buy-bust operations and served 2 search warrants in August last year.