- President Duterte is scheduled to visit Joanna Demafelis’ wake in Iloilo this week
- This was announced by Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque on Monday
- However, Roque did not disclose the exact date of the President’s visit
MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to visit the wake of Joanna Daniela Demafelis in Sara, Iloilo anytime this week.
This was confirmed by Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque who announced on Monday, February 19, that the President will be personally extending further assistance to the Demafelis family during his visit.
“D***h and burial benefits, financial assistance to the family were already extended. And I am sure the President will announce other contribution,” said Roque during a press briefing in Malacañang.
However, the Palace official did not disclose the exact date of Duterte’s visit to the slain OFW’s wake.
Demafelis is the 29-year-old migrant worker whose body was found in a freezer inside an unoccupied apartment in Kuwait on February 9.
The body is believed to have been kept in the freezer for about a year before it was discovered recently. Investigation also revealed Joanna had gone missing before the Lebanese man and his Syrian wife left Kuwait.
Her remains arrived in the Philippines Friday last week and was flown to their hometown on Saturday.
The Demafelis family said they have a two-week wake for their beloved daughter and have asked for privacy.
Earlier, Demafelis’ mother, Eva, appealed to the Philippine government for help in seeking justice for her m******d daughter.
The OFW’s father, Crisanto, also said he regretted now allowing his daughter to work abroad and only wants her remains flown back to their home.