Honasan: No evidence yet Bong Go ‘meddled’ in Navy frigate deal

Image capture from video by PTV via Facebook
  • Senator Honasan said there is no evidence yet that Go intervened in the Navy frigate deal as alleged
  • However, the lawmaker also said it is too early to make any sweeping conclusion
  • Go maintained his innocence and said the allegations against him have no basis

MANILA, Philippines  –  After the first day of hearing on the controversial P15-B Navy frigate deal, Senator Gregorio Honasan said they have not found, so far, solid evidence proving Special Assistant to the President Christopher ‘Bong’ Go used his influence in favor of a Korean manufacturer.

In an interview with reporters on Monday, Honasan, chairperson of the Senate committee on national defense and security, said that based on what he heard and the documents presented at the hearing, there is no direct link yet between Go and the negotiation between the Defense department and Hyundai.

“Wala kaming nakikita, so far, na ebidensiya na nagsasabing pinakialaman, iniimpluwensiyahan,” said Honasan.

[We have not seen, so far, any evidence that says there were intervention, or it was influenced.]

However, Honasan said it is too early to make sweeping conclusion as more hearing will be conducted in the coming days.

“Wala pa tayong makitang kaugnayan ni Sec. Go. Pero hindi pa naman ito conclusion,” Honasan added.

[We have not seen any link to Sec. Go. But this is not yet a conclusion.]

In the hearing, Go maintained his innocence and said there is no basis to the allegation against him.

“I did not intervene in the acquisition of the two frigates nor interfere in the selection of its combat management system,” said Go. “The truth was revealed at the end of this Senate hearing. I have been vindicated. The allegations have not been proven.”

This article has been viewed 127 times. Article originally posted: February 19, 2018, 4:32 pm (UTC-0). Last update: February 19, 2018 at 4:32 pm (UTC-0).

Facebook Comments