- Jude Sabio claims he now fears for his life following ICC’s move to begin preliminary review
- He also believes Matobato and Lascañas will eventually be k****d
- However, Roque assured Sabio there is nothing to fear since the President is not threatened by the ICC complaint
MANILA, Philippines – The lawyer who filed a complaint against President Rodrigo Duterte before the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, Netherlands said he now fears for his life amid reports that the Court is set to start preliminary review of the case anytime soon.
In April last year, Atty. Jude Sabio, the lawyer of self-confessed DDS hitman Edgar Matobato, filed a 77-page complaint against Duterte for “repeatedly, unchangingly and continuously” committing crime against humanity in connection with the proliferation of the alleged ‘extra-judicial killings’ since the launch of the government’s anti-drug war.
“I always assume my life is in danger, especially now that my enemy is not only the President,” Sabio told Inquirer. “He (Mr. Duterte) has tentacles everywhere and they are killers.”
Sabio said his purpose in filing the complaint is not to destroy, embarrass or shame the President, but to “fight for justice”.
He also believes that Edgar Matobato and Arturo Lascañas, who have testified at the Senate hearing and have since been in hiding for fear of retaliation, can no longer surrender and may be both k****d eventually.
Sough for comment about Sabio’s claim, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Sabio has nothing to fear since the President does not feel threatened by the complaint.
“We don’t put much importance to the complaint. We have no—we have no ill will against him (Sabio). We know it will not proceed beyond preliminary examination,” said Roque during a press briefing on Monday.
Nevertheless, he urged Sabio to report the alleged threat to the police and file a writ of Amparo.