- For 3 consecutive years, the Philippines emerged as the social media capital of the world
- The Filipinos spend an average of 3 hours and 57 minutes on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- On the average, Filipinos spend nine hours and 29 minutes on internet per day
For three consecutive years, the Philippines remained the world’s social media capital as per a report.
As mentioned in a Philstar story dated February 3, 2018, Filipinos spend an average of three hours and fifty seven minutes per day using social media sites, according to the 2018 Global Digital report conducted by creative agency We Are Social and social media management platform Hootsuite.
Around sixty seven million of the Philippines total population of 105.7 million has access to internet, according to the report. Nearly all Filipino internet users have social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
On the average, Filipinos spend nine hours and 29 minutes on internet per day.
The Philippines is followed by Brazil with an average of three hours and thirty nine minutes spent on social media sites.
Here is the complete list of the top 10 users of social media according to the report:
- Philippines – 3 hours 57 minutes
- Brazil – 3 hours 39 minutes
- Indonesia – 3 hours 23 minutes
- Thailand – 3 hours 10 minutes
- Argentina – 3 hours 9 minutes
- Egypt – 3 hours 9 minutes
- Mexico – 3 hours 7 minutes
- Nigeria – 3 hours 2 minutes
- Malaysia – 3 hours
- A.E. – 2 hours 56 minutes