- Four kidnap victims were abandoned by their captors in Sirawai, Zamboanga del Norte
- Residents of Barangay Libucon found the victims wandering around the village
- The pursuit operation against the kidnappers is still ongoing
Four employees of a logging firm held captive by kidnappers since March 3 were abandoned by their captors in Sirawai, Zamboanga del Norte.
The men were recovered in Barangay Libucon also in Sirawai on Monday, March 12. They were formally turned over to the military by the residents who found them wandering in the area.
As per the Inquirer, Task Force Zampelan Commander Major General Roseller Murillo said officials of Barangay Libucon turned the men over to 42nd Infantry Battalion on Monday after seeing them wandering around the village.
The victims were identified as Roger Jung-an, Jomar Maglangit, Jomar Mantangan at Raymond Purisima.
Their fifth companion, Mario Rosales, was k****d in the crossfire during a clash with the kidnappers on March 7 when the military staged a rescue operation.
“The victims were left by their disoriented captors after soldiers and police officers had been relentlessly pursuing them since the abduction last March 3, 2018,” Maj. Gen. Murillo said.
Lt. Gen. Carlito Galvez Jr., the commander of the Western Mindanao Command, said the pursuit operation against the kidnappers led by Jamilon Wahab is still ongoing.
“Our troops and our policemen are still tracking the kidnappers as of this report. “Let this be a warning to anyone or any group who are planning to engage in any criminal activities. We will fix you and we will eventually get you,” Lt. Gen. Galvez said.
The four victims are now being debriefed by military and police investigators after undergoing medical check-up.