- Ford is issuing a safety recall in North America for approximately 1.3 million 2014-18 car models
- The company found out that the steering wheel can detach from the steering column
Ford Motor Company announced Wednesday that they are recalling over 1.3 million cars after the company found out that the steering wheel can detach from the steering column.
The car company says the steering wheel bolts can loosen over time. Ford said the company knows of two crashes and one injury because of the problem.
In a statement the company said that they are recalling the affected vehicles below:
- 2014-17 Ford Fusion vehicles built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, Aug. 6, 2013 to Feb. 29, 2016
- 2014-18 Ford Fusion vehicles built at Hermosillo Assembly Plant, July 25, 2013 to March 5, 2018
- 2014-18 Lincoln MKZ vehicles built at Hermosillo Assembly Plant, July 25, 2013 to March 5, 2018
The recall involves approximately 1,378,637 vehicles in North America with 1,301,986 in the United States and federalized territories, 62,479 in Canada and 14,172 in Mexico.