- President Rodrigo Duterte recently appointed new officials for MMDA and SEC and 17 new judges for RTCs
- 15 judges were appointed to posts in Metro Manila, 1 in Cagayan province and 1 in Negros Oriental
President Rodrigo Duterte has appointed Jose Arturo Garcia Jr. as general manager of the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA).
In an appointment paper released on Monday, it was stated that Garcia’s appointment papers were signed on April 18.
Garcia was earlier named as the OIC of MMDA.
In another appointment paper released by the Malacañang on Monday, Javey Francisco was named as commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Francisco’s term will be until May 20, 2021.
The President also appointed 17 new municipal and regional trial court (RTC) judges.
Duterte filled 15 RTC judge posts in Metro Manila and one municipal trial court (MTC) judge position each in Buguey in Cagayan province and Canlaon City in Negros Oriental.
- Pia Cristina Bersamin-Embuscado was appointed judge at Branch 198 of the Las Piñas City RTC
- Redentor Dela Cruz Cardenas, Augusto Jose Y. Arreza, Rosario Ester Orda-Caise, Ricardo A. Moldez II, Giovanni E. Vidal, and Ma. Caridad SJ. Villamor-Yee were appointed to branches 134, 233, 234, 235, 236, and 237 of the Makati RTC, respectively
- Catherine Therese M. Tagle-Salvador, Anna Michella C. Atanacio-Veluz, Misael M. Ladaga, and Josie Negros Rodil were appointed to branches 73, 169, 292, and 293 of the Malabon RTC
- Appointed to Manila RTC posts were Caroline L. Tobias for Branch 7, Cynara Hannah L. Cayton for Branch 8, and Renato Z. Enciso for Branch 12
- Ma. Rowena Violago Alejandria was appointed judge of Branch 121 of the Caloocan RTC
- Edwina Belcina Monceda was appointed to MTC of Canlaon City, Negros Oriental
- Rhodora Gines Arrocena was appointed to Buguey, Cagayan MTC.