Napeñas: It’s Me And SAF Against The World In Seven-hour Senate Hearing
Napeñas: "It's me and SAF against the world." During the seven-hour Senate hearing on the infamous Mamasapano clash on Wednesday, this is how retired SAF commander Dir. Getulio Napeas talked about what happened to him.
- Napeñas, the former head of the PNP-SAF, is upset that he is being blamed for the death of the SAF 44.
- The former official says that President Aquino and the former head of the PNP, Purisima, should also be involved.
- Napeñas says that the senate probe doesn't show the virtue of command responsibility.
Getulio Napeñas, who used to be the head of the Philippine National Police (PNP), said that he and the PNP's Special Action Force (SAF) are defending their actions "against the world" after attending the seven-hour Senate investigation into the Mamasapano encounter.
In an article published on January 27 by GMA News Online, it was said that the former head of the SAF is upset that he is being blamed for the deaths of 44 police commandos last year during a fight with Muslim extremist forces.
"It's me and SAF against the world," he said, adding that senators, military officials, and even other PNP officials keep blaming him and his team for the bloody incident.
COPYRIGHT_KICK: Published on https://kickerdaily.com/napenas-its-me-and-saf-against-the-world/ by - on 2023-01-30T04:35:22.725Z
Napeñas also asked why the investigation seems to focus only on him when President Benigno Simeon Aquino III and former police chief Alan Purisima were also involved in the operation called "Oplan Exodus."
With the exception of some senators na maayos at saka ‘yung katabi ko kaninang opisyal na maayos, makikita n’yo na ‘yung ultimong organisasyon ko, ‘yung Philippine National Police, kung paano ako idiniin, kung paano ako binaba [With the exception of some senators who are good, and the official beside me who is also good, you can see that my own organization, the Philippine National Police, was pounding and putting me down].
- Getulio Napeñas
He also said that the virtue of "command responsibility" didn't seem to be taken into account in the proceedings, even though he only did his job because someone above him told him to.
Alam ng former chief PNP na suspendido, alam na alam din ng pangulo, [pero] ako lang ang responsable [The former PNP chief who has been suspended knows, and the president knows about it as well, but I am the only one responsible].
- Getulio Napeñas
Some lawmakers, military officials, and even the Philippine National Police have blamed Napeñas, he said in an interview with QRT, for the deaths of 44 SAF commandos on January 25, 2015. Napeñas said, "It's me and SAF against the world."
During the seven-hour Senate hearing on the infamous Mamasapano incident on Wednesday, retired SAF commander Dir. Getulio Napeñas summarized his experience in these terms.