MANILA, Philippines – Comedian and “It’s Showtime’ host Vice Ganda leads this year’s ‘Influencer’ of the Year on microblogging site Twitter in the Philippines.
Twitter named the ‘Gandang Gabi Vice’ (GGV) host as the top local influencers after ‘clearly showing his presence’ on the site by garnering millions of ‘retweets’.
ABS-CBN programs, talents and other services also dominated the list of the most ‘retweeted’ topics on Twitter.
‘It’s Showtime’ was the hottest variety show, while ‘Be Careful with My Heart’ was the most popular TV soap.
Also, Angel Locsin topped the list as the most retweeted celebrity and Vice Ganda’s 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) entry ‘Sisterakas’ with Kris Aquino and Ai Ai de las Alas was the most retweeted movie.
Meanwhile, the most talked about social responsibility campaign on Twitter was the ABS-CBN’s Sagip Kapamilya project.
Other names included in the list as Twitters top influencers for 2013 in the Philippines in their respective fields are the following:
– Anne Curtis, actress (entertainment)
– Kim “Kuya Kim” Atienza, weatherman and TV host (science)
– Karen Davila, news anchor (media)
– President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III (politics/government)
– Aly Borromeo, football player (sports)
– Ogie Alcasid, singer (music)
– Romel Feria, professor (tech)
– Jim Paredes, singer (advocate)
– Georgina Wilson, model (lifestyle)
– Rajo Laurel, designer (fashion)
– It’s a Teen Thing, journal (inspirational).