Senator Antonio Trillanes IV said he will unmask the three Court of Appeals (C.A.) justices who purportedly received a large amount of money to block the implementation of the six-month preventive suspension order against Makati Mayor Jejomar Erwin “Junjun” Binay.
The senator said he will file on Monday a resolution seeking a Senate probe into the alleged bribery that he himself disclosed earlier this week.
The C.A. issued a 60-day temporary restraining order (TRO) on the Office of the Ombudman’s preventive suspension order against Mayor Binay in connection with the anomalous construction of the new Makati City Hall. The appellate court later extended the TRO for an indefinite period.
According to Senator Trillanes, three appellate court justices were bribed to issue the TRO in favor of Mayor Binay.
Trillanes vowed to name the three justices and the amount of money they received in the resolution he will introduce next week.
He said he will also reveal the identity of the one who worked as the “go-between” to substantiate his allegations.
“Sa resolution malalaman kung sino ang pinapunta ng mga Binay para kausapin yung justices at yung exact amount ng bribe,” Trillanes told reporters via a text message.
(In the resolution, the identity of the person the Binays sent to talk to the justices and the exact amount of the bribe will be revealed.)
Vice President Binay and the justices in his pocket will eventually go down, Trillanes said.
The senators revelation came just as when a group is calling on the Supreme Court to look into the alleged “justice for sale” scheme prevailing in the Court of Appeals.
The Coalition of Filipino Consumers (CFC) claimed to have received information that one member of the C.A. allegedly took a bribe amounting to five million pesos in exchange for the issuance of a favorable ruling.
CFC Secretary-General Perfecto Tagalog is urging Supreme Court Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno to probe some C.A justices to find out if their lifestyles match the salaries they receive as public servants.