- Chito Miranda of Parokya ni Edgar gets romantic, goes viral
- Miranda, every once in a while, writes short love letters for his wife on Instagram
- Miranda is married to actress Neri Naig
Who says a hardcore rocker doesn’t have a heart?
Parokya ni Edgar vocalist Chito Miranda has been showing his soft and sweet side to his Instagram (IG) followers as he writes short love letters for his wife every once in a while.
“Minsan, nagdadalawang isip din ako mag-post tungkol sa asawa ko. Baka kasi sabihin ng mga tao na sobrang feel na feel ko ang pagiging inlab or masyado akong cheesy or feeling romantic. Baka nakaka-irita na para sa iba. Pero di ko talaga mapigilan eh (Sometimes, I also think twice before posting about my wife. Other people might say I am so cheesy and romantic. And some might find these posts irritating. But I can’t help it),” Miranda said; expressing that his love for his wife, actress Neri Naig, is overflowing and he just can’t keep his feelings inside him.
The relationship of the couple had been shaken for at some time — including being involved in a s*x video scandal, and losing their child — but these, according to them, only made their relationship stronger.
Touches hearts of IG followers
Miranda’s short love letters to Naig have been touching the hearts of his IG followers. Each post gets hundreds of comments and thousands of likes.
“Isa kang pangarap ng mga kababaihan, ikaw ang tinatawag na Mr. Right (You are every woman’s dream. You are what they call Mr. Right),” commented IG user @jazcelvargas.
“Ang sweet naman sobra. Meron pala ganyan ka sweet na guy (He’s so sweet. Who would have thought that there’s still a guy like him),” another user @grace.idano said.
Some even tag their lovers, like @tundagliz: “@aldenvinceasok Be like @chitomirandajr please? Para wala ng away tayo! Kahit bad boy look siya pero sweet pala siya sa asawa niya (So that we will no longer have a fight! Even if he has a bad boy look, he’s a sweet husband)?”
“Follow mo to @carlmillanes. Sana mahawaan ka nya ng kasweetan (Follow him, @carlmillanes. So that you’ll become sweet, too),” said @marialiezyl.
Short love letters
Here are some quotes from the love letters:
- “Happy birthday to the sweetest, strongest, and toughest girl I know. She’s been struck down more than a few times, but she always got up and moved on, always wearing her smile kasi alam niya na masaya at simple lang ang buhay [because she knows that life is happy and simple]…. She is my kryptonite. She is my bottomless can of spinach. She is my bestfriend.“
- “Kahit gaano kasaya, di ko maiiwasang makaramdam ng lungkot kasi sobrang namimiss ko yung asawa ko. Kahit buong araw kami magka-usap sa Viber, iba pa rin yung nandyan sya nakasiksik sa tabi ko (No matter how happy I am, I can’t help but to feel sad because I really miss my wife. Even if we talk to each other on Viber the whole day, it is still different when she is beside me).”
- “This girl makes me want to be the best person I could be. I promise to be stronger, more disciplined, more responsible, more hard-working, more sensitive, and to live a healthier lifestyle, para mas maalagaan kita ng mabuti (for me to be able to take care of you).”
- “She is so fragile and delicate, but at the same time, strong and unbreakable.”
- “I will focus all my energy on making you happy. Because when you’re happy, I’m happy.”
Cosmopolitan compiled some of the full copies of Miranda’s short love letters to Naig here.
Here is a video of Chito Miranda and Neri Naig’s wedding: