- A former INC minister admitted they were a******d and detained by INC
- He also confessed his earlier statements over the television were scripted
- He vows to reveal more in a press conference to be held in the coming days
MANILA, Philippines – Lowell Menorca, the former Igelsia ni Cristo Minister, has confirmed his abduction by leaders of the powerful indigenous church in a video sent to Inquirer on Friday, October 23.
Menorca, who earlier appeared before the INC-owned television Net 25 denouncing the abduction, admitted that his statement during the ‘interview’ then was a lie and ‘scripted’
“Ako po ay nagsalita dahi sa ‘yun po ang pinasabi sa akin dahil sa nanganganib po ako para sa aming kapakanan, sa kapakanan ng aming sambahayan,” Menorca said.
(I was forced to say what I said because my life was in danger, and so are our welfare and those of our household.)
Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court has issued the writs of habeas corpus and amparo ordering the INC executive minister Eduardo Manalo et. al to produce Menorca and his family before the Court of Appeals on November 3, around 10 am.
The petition was filed by Menorca’s brother, Anthony, sister-in-law Jungko Otsuka and wife Jinky for the issuance of the writs claiming the former INC minister was a******d and illegally detained upon orders of the church leadership.
“Nais ko rin pong gamitin ang pagkakataong ito na sabihin ang katotohanan tungkol sa illegal detention tungkol sa akin at sa aking sambahayan,” Menorca said in the video; adding that he has been in detention at INC compound in Quezon City from July 25 to October 21.
(I would like to take this opportunity to reveal the truth about our illegal detention.)
Menorca added he will be disclosing more details in the proper forum during a press conference they are planning to hold in the coming days.
Watch Menorca’s full video below (Credit: Inquirer)