Duterte denies role to put Marcoses back in Malacañang

Image captured through Duterte Marcos Du30-Bbm Facebook Account
  • President Rodrigo Duterte categorically said that he’s not doing anything to put the Marcoses back in Malacañang
  • Campaigning in Ilocos Norte during 2016 presidential elections, Duterte said he would let Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. take over if he could not curb crime in three months
  • Duterte downplayed critics, saying he only made the statement in Ilocos as part of campaign rhetoric

“I am not doing anything to put the Marcoses back in Malacañang,” President Rodrigo Duterte categorically said as per GMA report, as he answered questions raised about the possibility of a return to high power after the late dictator was hastily buried in heros’ rites at the Libingan ng  mga Bayani last week.

In a news conference in Davao City after arriving from the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit late Wednesday, the President denied that he is part of an effort to put the Marcos family back in Malacanang.

Campaigning in Ilocos Norte in the mid-stages of the 2016 presidential elections, Duterte was cheered by the Ilocano community when he said he would let the late dictator’s son and namesake Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. take over the government if he could not curb crime in three months.

While Duterte won the presidency, the younger Marcos lost to Leni Robredo, wife of the late Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo who died in a plane crash while en-route to a typhoon rescue mission.

Duterte downplayed critics, saying he only made the statement in Ilocos as part of campaign rhetoric.

The former senator and his sister, Ilocos Norte Governor Imee Marcos, were in the entourage of Duterte in his recent state visit to China when Duterte delivered a speech before a Filipino audience in Beijing where he said:”Si Bingbong, ah si Bongbong…Kung manalo siya sa protest niya baka bago ang ating bise president,” as disclosed in a report of ABS-CBN.

 

Loading…