- Nokia teases avid fans with the new look of the iconic Nokia 3310
- It will be available in 4 color variants with a slightly larger, colored screen
- Its battery could last up to one month on standby mode
The planned relaunch of the iconic Nokia 3310 has created a fuss in the mobile industry; with many avid Nokia fans around the world looking forward to getting hold anew of one of the bestselling phones of all time.
Ahead of the Mobile Word Congress (MWC) to be held in Barcelona, Spain next month, HMD Global Oy, the Finnish manufacturer who acquired the rights to market phones under the Nokia brand, has enticed eager fans with a glimpse of what the 3310 would look like.
The 3310 retains most of its iconic silhouette, but updated and ‘re-imagined’ for 2017.
It comes in four color variants – Warm Red and Yellow, both with a gloss finish, and Dark Blue and Grey both with a matte finish – and sporting a slightly larger screen than the original.
It tips the scales at just 79.6 grams, nearly half of the original’s 137 grams.
Best of all, it has 22 hours of talk time – twice that of the old model – and one month (yes, 1 MONTH) of standby time. And it has the classic Snake game, too, which can be played on a colored screen.
However, it will only have 2G connectivity.
The introductory price would be around $50 (P2,500) and it’s going to be available in the market by the 2nd quarter of this year.
Here are the full specifications as per the official Nokia website:
- Beautiful push buttons and iconic shaped design
- Headphone jack for your tunes
- 4” curved window with polarized layer for better readability in sunlight (240 x 320 full color display)
- 2 MP camera with LED flash for simple snaps
- Available as both single SIM and dual SIM variants
- 2G connectivity for calling and texting
- All-new UI with nods to the original
- Awesome battery life, with up to 22 hours talk time
- FM radio and MP3 player for music
- 16 MB storage3 plus a MicroSD card slot with support up to 32 GB
Watch the video below: