OFW who ‘pleaded’ with employer to be allowed to come home over tragic death of her PWD son cries for justice

Image via Facebook post

“I’m working hard abroad just so I could raise my kids well. But this is what I’d come home to? My dead child!” said a Kuwait OFW mother who cries for justice.

Luzviminda Siapo, a domestic helper in Kuwait, shattered and broken, came rushing back home to Navotas on April 2 when she received the tragic news via her niece’s message on Facebook that her son was killed by bonnet-wearing men, as per reports.

She had to beg from her boss for days because her employer who seemed to be cold and unmoved wouldn’t allow her to leave immediately and even accused her of just making the news up. She, as per reports, showed her employer online news of her son’s death as proof of the tragedy.

Desperate to go home for her child, she reportedly pleaded, even got down on her knees and kissed her employer’s feet three times, before she was granted permission to leave, as disclosed in an Inquirer story, but to guarantee her return to Kuwait, the employer made her leave her things behind.

Received by her elder brother, Bong at the airport in Manila, she could barely say anything except “Kuya” as she broke into tears and collapsed in his arms.

Siapo arrived home without anything except for her personal handbag and two boxes of toys for her other child; a 10-year-old daughter.

Prior to her son’s murder was an argument the night before the incident with a neighbor, identified as Pejie; who filed a complaint at the barangay hall accusing Raymart as a marijuana dealer in Barangay NBBS, Navotas City.

From the airport, Siapo went straight to the barangay hall to confront Christopher Cariquitan, the desk officer, and other officials for not verifying the false accusations against Raymart.

“This is the reason why my son was murdered, sir, tell me what to do. Tell me! Because I had to kneel down and kiss my employer’s feet three times before I could come home. Give me an answer, please,” she exclaimed.

In defense, Cariquitan explained to Siapo that he was only doing his job of recording the complaint on his logbook and had it signed by Raymart. He said he had nothing against her son and actually decided not to confront him that day about the allegations to avoid embarrassing Raymart.

Since then, Pejie was nowhere to be found, according to Bong.

The tragic incident

It was on March 29 when his son Raymart was abducted and killed by a group of armed men in ski masks riding on motorcycles.

After the failing to find the victim at their house, the gunmen searched within the area and located him at a friend’s house nearby where he was forced to ride with the group until they reached “Bangkulasi.”

Reports say that the killers ordered Raymart to get off the motorcycle and run. But he couldn’t — because he was born with bilateral club foot (both feet were deformed).

“When my son refused, they asked him to sit down instead. Then, they shot him. Just like that,” Siapo said.

Raymart was shot in the head twice and got his arms broken too, Navotas Police reported.

“All it took was a false accusation for these people to murder my son,” Siapo said in an interview earlier this week. “They did not bother to investigate, they did not bother to verify. They just killed him.”

Siapo, a single parent proceeded to his son’s wake; slowly walking towards the coffin and breaks down again while hugging it, “Son, Mama’s home!”

Her son will be buried at the Lourdes cemetery in Malabon City at 2 p.m. of April 10.