MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald ‘Bato’ Dela Rosa said he has yet to see anything wrong in the predawn Sunday raid on the house of the Parojinogs in Ozamis City where at least 15 people were killed.
“So far wala akong nakitang problema [we I did not see any problem] based on the report on the service of warrant,” Dela Rosa told GMA News on Sunday.
The PNP chief said the Parojinogs have long been suspected of being involved in the illegal drug trade and were among the personalities in President Rodrigo Duterte’s list last year.
This was echoed by Ozamiz City Police Director Jovie Espenido who explained the reason why they decided to serve the 6 search warrants against the Parojinogs in the early hours of the morning.
Espenido said the search warrant can be implemented anytime of the day and depends on the initiative of the serving authorities.
“We evaluated when and where the search warrant can be served, preferably when there are less people, and when they are not prepared,” Espenido said.
“And for your information, there are many people conducting vigil in the houses of Mayor (Parojinog) and Vice Mayor Nova. They are even using children to sleep there, like a human shield. More people mean more casualties,” the official said.
The Ozamis police chief likewise said the CCTV cameras in Parojinog’s house were intentionally “paralyzed” for security reasons; particularly to prevent their confidential agents from being identified.