- Popular burger joint apologized for stampede due to 8-year anniversary promo
- It also thanked law enforcers, security personnel for ensuring public’s safety
- No casualties reported so far by authorities
MANILA, Philippines – Saying it was overwhelmed by the turnout over its 8-year anniversary promo, Zark’s Burgers apologized for the chaos and pandemonium it caused in malls and other public places across the country.
“We at Zark’s Burgers express our deep gratitude for the mammoth response to our P8 for first 80 customers in-store promo to celebrate our 8th anniversary,” the company said on its Facebook page. “We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced by patrons and other mall shoppers unintentionally brought about by this celebration that was intended to thank all of you for 8 years of loyal support and patronage.”
Zark’s also thanked law enforcers and security personnel for ensuring the public’s safety.
“We would also like to thank all officers, mall managers and security teams for ensuring everyone’s safety,” it said.
Authorities have not reported any casualties related to the promo so far.
However, social media has been flooded with pictures, posts, and video recordings of various Zark’s outlets being swarmed by thousands of customers hoping to avail the promo.
A number of netizens failing to get the 8-peso burger also aired their gripes; blasted both Zark’s and mall management for not coming up with a better security plan.
Zark’s, which offers gargantuan versions of the burger, unrolled its promo last week.
“On our 8th year anniversary (August 28, 2017), first 80 customers can avail our Zark’s Ultimate Burger for only P8!” it said.
Only the first 80 customers would be eligible for the promo which the company made available as a dine-in option only in all branches nationwide.
Video of swarm: