Man tries to eat rattlesnake; snake bites back

Image capture of video via 12 News' YouTube Account

Well, snakes are snakes!

Victor Pratt, 48, was celebrating his son’s birthday when he noticed the reptile in the courtyard of his house. He grabbed it to show the guests how to cook it on the grill. Suddenly he lost control of the snake and it bit him on the face and chest.

“I was showing off. Like I always do,” he said.

He was immediately rushed to the hospital where he was given 26 vials of anti-venom that saved his life.

“It makes your brain smash,” Pratt said; trying to describe what the pain felt like.

“I lost five days of memory,” he added. “I didn’t know where I was for five days.”

He said he used to play with snakes as a kid to entertain himself and has since learned to cook them.

“I know how to cook them and cut the heads off and stuff,” Pratt said. “They taste like chicken. It’s not bad.”

The hospital’s toxicology director said that medical care is very important within minutes of being bitten by a poisonous snake.

His advice is to stay as far away from rattlesnakes as possible.

In the case of a bite, go to a hospital immediately.

 

Loading…