Giant Christmas lantern blazes inside a mall in Taguig

Image capture of video via Caesar Pagulayan Jr.'s Facebook account

Market Market Mall is surrounded with twinkling and colorful Christmas lights and lanterns. Unexpectedly, on December 25, the giant Christmas décor hanging at the center of the mall caught fire and fell on the R-T-W bazaar on the ground floor.

One of the witnesses was able to video record the incident and posted it on his Facebook account. He said there was sudden smoke from the lantern, then saw it burning before it fell on the activity area. Fortunately, some mall staff were quick to extinguish the fire.

Sunog Market Market

Posted by Caesar Pagulayan Jr. on Monday, December 25, 2017

Some mall-goers were temporarily asked to stay away from the area while some clothing shops were moved away from the burnt lantern.

According to ABS-CBN News, the responding police from the Southern Police District 2 confirmed that only 2 people were hurt in the incident. They were immediately helped by the rescue team of the mall.

Finally, mall operations went back to normal after the fire incident.

Source :

ABS-CBN, Facebook

Loading…