- 5 SK bets in Central Luzon were disqualified from the May 14 election for being under or over the mandated age limit set by the law
- According to the Comelec, should the five win, their victory would have been considered void
Five Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) candidates in Central Luzon were disqualified from the May 14 election for either being under or over the mandated 18 to 24 year old age limit set by the law.
According to the Commission on Elections’ (Comelec) Second Division, should the five win, their victory would be considered void.
“[The division] hereby suspends the proclamation of the (disqualified) candidates in the event that they obtain the highest number of votes, or suspends the effects of proclamation in the event that their proclamation has been already made,” said the division in an omnibus order issued on Monday.
- Alvin Naval Sierra who is running as an SK Council member in Barangay San Agustin, Carranglan town, Nueva Ecija province
- Rowel Arellano Mendoza, bet for SK chair in Barangay Villa Aurora, Maria Aurora, Aurora province
- Godofredo Castillo de la Pena Jr., also a bet for SK chair in Barangay Cut-Cot in Pulilan, Bulacan
- Christian Aaron Tongol Bondo, SK chair bet in Barangay Matatalaib, Tarlac City
- Joven Villapana de la Cruz, SK chair bet in Barangay Salapungan, Angeles City, Pampanga