- Filipino domestic helper named Sheryl instinctively walked on shattered shower glass door to save a toddler
- The toddler’s mother named Peirong told the whole story through her Facebook post on Thursday (May 4)
- Thankfully, Sheryl and the toddler were not seriously hurt
A Filipino domestic helper named Sheryl demonstrated an example of ‘heroic instinct’ in Singapore as she bravely walked over the glass shards without thinking twice — to save a toddler.
The toddler’s mother named Peirong told the whole story through her Facebook post on Thursday (May 4). The incident took place at her sister’s house.
According to Peirong, her son had just used the toilet and as their helper Jena was flushing the bowl, he pulled on the tempered glass sliding door a little too hard, causing it to shatter on top of him. The bathroom floor was consequently “covered with thousands of tiny glass shards”.
She then saw blood flowing down the toddler’s face. The frightened boy’s first instinct was to step out from the shower and his initiative could definitely make the scenario worse.
At that moment, Sheryl, who was her sister’s helper, shouted at him to stop moving and told Jena to carry the boy up instead, but she was in shock and petrified.
What happened next was stated in Peirong post: “Without a second thought, Sheryl walked into the toilet with her barefoot to carry him out. She could have dangerously hurt herself but I was completely touched by her braveness and selfless act,” she said as she then described her further as a “remarkable person who always put others before herself.”
Thankfully, no one got seriously injured, including Sheryl. And so is Peirong’s son who suffered just minor cuts on his head after he was sent to hospital.
On her post, she also expressed her gratitude to Sheryl for saving his son from further injuring himself.