Family ‘feels fine’ after accidentally eating cereal that had expired in 1997

Image Capture of Video by ANC News via Youtube channel
  • A family from Colorado accidentally ate a pack of 21-year-old expired cereals
  • They said they just “felt fine” and didn’t experience any discomfort
  • The cereal was expired back in 1997, way much older than the couple’s 11-year-old daughter

A family from Colorado said that they ‘feel fine’ after they accidentally ate a boxed cereal that had expired in 1997.

The Carlese family certainly didn’t expect that their breakfast would make it to the news.

During their usual morning routine, the family sat down to eat for breakfast and opened their box of granola cereal. Couple Josiah and Anthea Carelse said they didn’t suspect that their cereal had expired; worse, it was like an ‘epic relic’ from the past since it had expired in 1997.

Josiah told Lakewood Patch newspaper that he finished his entire bowl of expired cereal, “I just started eating and thinking, ‘It just tastes funny. It must be okay.'”

However, her wife Anthea took one bite and knew something wasn’t right and checked the box. She told her husband, “Josiah, you’re going to be really sick.” But, surprisingly, the family felt “just fine.”

They went online to check the image of the box and was surprised how different the packaging is. Their 11-year-old daughter Layla said, “I was not born yet. I’m only 11.”

Well, as Moms would often tell us, “Check the expiration date every time.”

You can watch the news for ABC Action News’ Youtube channel:

Loading…