- Joma Sison said Duterte is in a coma
- Palace disclaimed Sison’s story
- Harry Roque said Duterte will attend the Kadayawan Festival on Tuesday
Palace denied that President Rodrigo Duterte is in a coma; thus, disclaiming the FB post of the Community Party of the Philippines (CCP) founding chairman Jose Maria Sison on Sunday evening sharing what he allegedly knew about the country’s leader’s health.
Sison shared, according to GMA News, that those who saw Duterte during the national convention of the fraternity Lex Talionis Fraternitas on Saturday “reported that the darkness of his face had become aggravated from its appearance the other day and that his walk and handshake had become more unstable.”
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the chief executive remains in robust health and has not fallen into a coma, as posted on the Manila Bulletin website.
The spokesperson said Duterte will have a public appearance on Tuesday at the Kadayawan Festival.
Roque said Sison spent his time in a revolution, not as a doctor so he is not credible to listen to in terms of medical condition.
He called the allegation about Duterte’s health as “wishful thinking”; denying the president has fallen ill over the weekend.
Special Assistant to the President (SAP) Bong Go said he was only resting in bed, and said Joma is probably dreaming.
Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo said Sison was only fed with a wrong information.
“Unlike Joma Sison, the President is in robust health. I wish him good health that he may live long enough to see the dawn of peace that has remained elusive between the communist insurgents and the armed forces.”
Last year, the CCP leader said Duterte is ill with colon cancer; it was denied by the palace too.