For the love of her fur babies, woman risks life to rescue 9 dogs inside burning home

Image via Elle Mirasol | Facebook, Image via Chamber Volunteer Fire Brigade | Facebook
  • A fur mom went back to their blazing home to rescue 9 dogs still trapped inside
  • She saved three pups but because the fire grew quickly she was not able to return safely
  • Animal rescue groups were heartbroken over the news and expressed their appreciation of her heroic act 

For some, pets occupy a special place in their hearts. They are not just merely companions but are family members as well.

Image via Elle Mirasol | Facebook

For this reason, Michelle Mirasol, 35, from Bacolod City, risked her own life to save her dogs who were still inside their burning home early morning on Thursday.

Chief Insp. Publio Plotena, the city fire marshal said that some of her dogs were already outside their home. Yet she went back in to save the others who were caged including a Shih Tzu.

She took out three other pups. Her parents called her to return but the flames had spread quickly. Mirasol didn’t make it out of their burning home. Her body was found in the bathroom covered with a wet towel she used as a breathing aid. She did not survive from smoke inhalation.

The Chamber Volunteer Fire Brigade found one puppy alive. Mirasol was hoping to rescue all 9 of them.

Image via Chamber Volunteer Fire Brigade | Facebook

It was a sad day for the pet lovers community. Many expressed their sympathy by sharing her heroic story and showed appreciation for her bravery and love for animals. Her courageous deed went viral that it got featured by a news media company in Costa Rica.

PAWSsion Project, an animal rescue group, said in their post, “This is so so heartbreaking. Our sincerest condolences to the bereaved family. But our highest respect goes out to you Michelle. You were with your furbabies till the very end.”

BACH Project Ph said, “Words cannot even begin to express our sorrow but Michelle Mirasol will be forever remembered as a heroine, a selfless furmom. She’s beautiful inside and out.”

Based on the initial investigation, faulty electrical wiring at the living room’s ceiling may have caused the blaze.

Loading…